To program the inputs and outputs on the 2100-A16-NET there are a number of preliminary tasks that must first be completed.
- Configure the IP Address, Subnet Mask and Ethernet Port number of the 2100-A16-NET as required using the Station Programmer software.
- Install MicroScan V5 and Create an new Agent Job if not already configured.
- Configure the 2100-A16-NET for MicroScan V5 interface mode (See below) by removing all jumpers from the on board S1-Function-Jumper.
- Add the 2100-A16-NET to the MicroScan V5 interface (See below).
- Power down.
- Remove all jumpers from the on board “S1-Function-Jumper”
3. Power up the 2100-A16-NET
To add a 2100-A16-NET to the MicroScan Interface:
(first check that the 2100-A16-NET is configured for the MicroScan Interface) (See Tab on the left)
1. Start MicroScan V5 and click the “Setup Tools” link in the navigation pane and then select the “MicroScan Interface” link:
2. The Port Setup dialog appears:
Set Port to None if no stations are used on local serial port.
Enable the “Ethernet Mode” at the bottom of the dialog.
3. Back on the MicroScan V5 Setup Tools page click on the “Add New Station” link.
4. The Add New Station Wizard dialog appears – click “Next”.
5. Select “add a 2100-XX station” and click “Next”.
6. Enter in the station serial number and click “Next”. If not required select Station Alarm Relays = Do Not Add.
7. Specify the unit station number as required and click “Next”.
8. Enter in the IP Address and the Ethernet Port as configured in the Station Programmer software, then click “Next”.
9. Check the settings and click “Next”.
10. The final dialog will appear – click “Finish”.