To view settings ‘Right Click’ on Computer -> click Manage -> click Device Manager (Or access via Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager):
2400-IS = Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3) – [Highlighted above].
Note: Your COM Port # may differ.
Within MicroScan (Version 5.1 or later):
- “COMx Silabs” is picked up from the computer registry so it means that the USB driver has been installed.
- “Not Installed” is shown if the USB driver has been installed, but no 2400-IS is currently plugged in to the computer.
Normal operation within MicroScan (Setup Tools -> MicroScan Interface -> Show Ports):
Note: You can click on ‘Find 2400-IS’ under Setup Tools > MicroScan Interface – this will automatically detect that the 2400-IS is plugged in and set the correct port number to use:
2400-IS Unplugged in MicroScan (Setup Tools -> MicroScan Interface -> Show Ports):
2400-IS Unplugged in Device Manager:
2400-IS USB Driver NOT Installed in Device Manager:
Note: If required – download the latest USB driver for the 2400-IS (see links below). The USB driver is automatically installed with MicroScan SCADA (Version 5.1 or later) or Station Programmer software.
- Admin rights are required to install driver software.
- Restart the computer if the USB driver is shown to be installed, but not operating properly.
- USB cable cannot exceed 5m.
- RS232 cable cannot exceed 15m.
Download Latest 2400-IS USB Driver File – For Windows 10 (v10.1.3)
Download Latest 2400-IS USB Driver File – For Windows 7/8/8.1 (v6.7.6)